Wednesday, February 13, 2008

First Blog Entry (Background)

Well, this is the first entry on MN Sports Chat. I guess I will make you a little aware of my background. My name is Shea McGinnity and I was born and raised in Minnesota. I grew up in Shoreview, MN and graduated from Mounds View High School in Arden Hills, MN. I went to the University of St. Thomas in St. Paul and graduated with a Bachelor's Degree in Marketing Management and a minor in Psychology. Two years out of college (which would make me 24), I am working at a medical software company in Minnetonka. I played baseball through my senior year in high school and helped coach the Tri-City Gold Senior Babe Ruth team in the summer of 2006. I will be rejoining the coaching ranks again when I have time around my busy work travel schedule.

I think when it comes to analyzing sports; baseball is definitely my strongest subject. I have been a diehard Minnesota sports fan since youth and I don't plan on giving that up ever. I don't view myself as a Homer...but I guess that will be your decision to evaluate. I analyze every sports decision Minnesota makes and I will most likely talk about all of them. I will admit right now, hockey is not my best subject. I pay attention to the Wild and the Gophers, but I don't know enough to get into details. If it is Baseball, Football, or Basketball you can ask away but Hockey will never be my strong point.


My cohort on this blog will explain himself as well, but I guess I should explain how I know him and why we are doing this. My associate on this blog is Steve Quick. I graduated high school with Steve and he was actually the head coach on the baseball team I coached in 2006. Steve is a good friend of mine and he is an excellent resource for Minnesota sports analysis as well. Steve and I have been reading Aaron Gleeman's site for years and we have wanted to start this ever since. I greatly respect Gleeman's analysis and admire what he does. I think this blog will provide a great analysis of both Minnesota and national sporting news, however, I strive to have it become as dynamic and intriguing as what Gleeman's site offers. I will attempt to update the blog on a daily basis but if I am unable to, I am sure my cohort will.

2 comments:

jjswol said...

Welcome to the Twin Cities blog scene. I look forward to seeing your work regarding the Twins. My site is at http://www.twinstrivia.com

jjswol

Unknown said...

Shea, your name sounds familiar. Did you have a brief stint as a JobDig employee in the past year?